Introducing IRRLicht, a 3D rendering engine that is completely Open Source, extremely lightweight, fast and complete of all the features you need to create videogames just like the ones you can buy.
Hello, let's continue our voyage in the world of Game Development and today we take a look at IRRLicht, a 3d real time rendering engine that is "light-fast".
Some features are:
- High performance rendering with Direct3D and OpenGL
- Huge and extensible library of materials
- Particle System
- Environment mapping
- 2 Software renderers that are indipendent from the platforms and the drivers
- Direct Import of many model formats (.obj, .3ds, .dae, .b3d, ....)
- Direct Import of many texture formats(.bmp, .png, .psd, ......)
- Optimized 3D math
- Much more
This engine is cross-platform, that means it works on many Operating systems, including Windows, Linux and MacOS. The engine is compatible with many languages, thanks to numerous wrappers for C#.NET, FreeBasic, VB.NET and other .NET and non-.NET languages.
On the IRRLicht Website you can find the SDK to start using the engine immediately as well as an extensive tutorials section to start up easily.
That's all for today, have fun everybody!
See you at the next post!